Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Welcome to Maven Haven....Small Town, Anywhere


I suppose there is still a big part of me that is in touch with my inner child. Christmas always seems to bring it out....I love the decorations, the cookies, the stories, the surprises!....all of it!! One of my favorite personal traditions is the construction of my little town...this year dubbed Maven Haven. It takes me hours to place all of the little pieces. There are two streets in my town and a very rural area just outside. The church is in the hills overlooking the town...next to the mountains that are teaming with typical Pennsylvania wildlife...deer, racoons, owls, squirrels, foxes. There is a small farm in nearby that has a horse, a cow, ducks and chickens. Each year, Santa arrives on one of the streets in town and all the children come running. There are two schools....one in town and one in the country. Of course, school is not in session.....it is always a snow day in Maven Haven and the hills are always perfect for sledding.

No comments: